05 April 2011

WinterJam 2011!

Hubby and I were priveleged to attend the very last night of the WinterJam2011 tour.  Since Hubby works with the J-hi kids at Intersection, we even got into an exclusive youth pastor meeting with some of the stars.  We got to hear a personal message from Tony Nolan, Jon Micah Sumrall, Jason Castro, Duncan Phillips, and Michael Tait.  And we got a free bag of stuff!  WinterJam partners with Holt International, so we decided to sponser a child on our way out of the meeting.  Well, I made Hubby late to the concert because we looked at EVERY SINGLE FOLDER trying to find the Bear's b-day.  We didn't; but we did find a little boy only 9 days older than the Bear.  He lives in India.  Maybe someday they can be pen-pals.

 Jason Castro
Duncan Phillips and Michael Tait

The concert was SPECTACULAR!  We got to see the tail end of NewSong, the founders of the concert.





Some youth pastors shot t-shirts into the crowd.  No way they could have reached us in the nosebleed section, though.

Next up was Francesca Battistelli.  Omigoodness!  I love her so much!!! I became a huge fan of her music through WCIC.  I totes had to buy both of her cds because her lyrics speak to me so much.  I also got a cute T-shirt with some of the lyrics to one of my fave songs, This is the Stuff.  Her hubby plays drums, just like mine, and he looked like Luigi with a bowtie.  Poor girl was getting over strep and said she might sound like a goat; but she really had her own beautiful voice.  Her dress was really unusual and cute, too.  I just can't even tell you how much I love her!!!






Then there was Kutless.  The first time I had ever seen them was with Hubby at AgapeFest in like '06. The name and the clothes make them seem like hard rock, but I'm always surprised by how traditional and worshipful their music is.  I really like them.



During intermission, I got some piccies of the Intersection peeps.



Me and the Wizzle.


Me and the Hubby.
 There was this group called Sidewalk Prophets that I was not familiar with...until they started singing.  I recognized most of their songs from WCIC.  Love them!  They have great musicality paired with a great message.




Tony Nolan gave his testimony and also shared some of the amazing things God is doing through WinterJam and Holt International.  Can't wait to read his book, Hurt Healer.  We got a free copy when we sponsored our baby at the youth pastor reception. 

The final act of the evening was the Newsboys.  Except, since the lead singer is no longer Ausie, Hubby says they aren't really the Newsboys.  We are both Newsboys and dcTalk fans from way back.  We decided now that Michael Tait is the front man, we shall call them newsTalk.   They promised not to leave the Civic Center until all the [2 for 1!] copies of their new album were sold AND AUTOGRAPHED!!!   They had these awesome platforms that let Jeff Frankenstein and Jody Davis float over the crowd, and Duncan Phillips spin like a Ferris Wheel.  When I asked him how he stayed on his drum throne, he replied, "Buns of Steel".  Then he told me he really liked my "Play Like a Girl" t-shirt.  He was even more impressed when I told him it was BarlowGirls.  Then he let Hubby take my pic with the band, even though the security guards got totally mad at me and were yelling "Move along!"  I <3 the Newsboys!!!




















I think Duncan Phillips is my first friend who was born in Australia.

Since it was the last night of the tour, we got to see something no other city saw.  The entire cast and crew came out and led us in singing "Soon and Very Soon, We are Going to See the King". Followed by the Chicken Dance.  Yes, the Chicken Dance.

We didn't get home until about midnight.  The Bear was already in bed; but it sounded like he had a good time with Auntie Sarah and Uncle Lucas.

Keep it Kute!

No comments: