08 April 2011

New Pasta Sauce!!!

I invented a new pasta sauce last night that I thought I'd share with you.  I need a name for it; if anyone has a suggestion.
I made this for 2 and had a little leftover for lunch.  You may need to modify it for a larger family.
  1. Start the sauce with a roux.  I use stick margarine and white flour.
  2. Add about half a package of Kraft Triple Cheddar with Philly.
  3. Once the cheese is melted, add heavy whipping cream until the mixture is smooth and there is enough for your meal.  I used ~1/2 pint.
  4. Add 3-4 cloves of freshly pressed garlic, a dash of cayenne, a dash of crushed red pepper flakes, and a dash of parsley.
  5. Simmer until you are ready to serve your pasta; keep it covered; stir occassionally.
It's very sticky and spicy, but, oh, so good!  Even reheated in the microwave the next day.  I served it over angel hair pasta with a side of garlic/bacon green beans and Beddar Cheddars.

Keep it Kute!

No comments: