14 May 2013

Fruit Salsa

I got this idea from a couple of recipe websites, and tweaked it to make it my own.  This makes a little more than 4 cups.  I didn't really measure anything, but I eyeballed the measurements.

Ingredients:
1 12oz jar of preserves (I used strawberry)
~1 tbsp white sugar
~1 tsp brown sugar
~1 tbsp cinnamon
~1 tbsp lemon juice
pinch cardamom
dash allspice
1 honeycrisp apple, finely chopped
1/2 lb strawberries, finely chopped
1 banana, finely chopped
3 nectarines, finely chopped
5 kiwi, finely chopped

I really wanted mango as well, but they looked pretty nasty at the store--way over-ripe.

Mix all together.  Serve with cinnamon flavored chips (pita or tortilla?  I made a Pillsbury pie crust flat on a pizza pan, sprayed with olive oil and sprinkled liberally with cinnamon sugar).

You could probably eliminate the sugar from the salsa if you wanted it to be healthier.  Feel free to substitute your favorite fruits or flavors of preserves for those listed.  Let me know if you make a variation that turns out amazing!

Keep it Kute (and tasty)!


No comments: